Emmanuel Mbarushimana case delayed
The case of Rwandan Genocide suspect, Emmanuel Mbarushimana has been postponed to July 22 after the suspect raised concerns over his defense team.
Mbarushimana told the Nyarugunga Primary Court on July 14, 2014, that he wasn’t confident of his defense lawyer and needed time to sort out his legal representation issues.
In response, presiding Judge Felix Ndahigwa said that court will ask the Bar Association to provide the accused with a list of lawyers to choose from for his defense.
Mbarushimana is facing with genocide, complicity in genocide, conspiracy to commit genocide, murder and extermination, among others committed against the Tusti in the former regions of Kabuye, Dahwe, Gisagara, Ndora, Twarubona and nearby areas, in Gisagara District, Southern Province.
Mbarushimana, a former educationalist, was extradited to Rwanda from Denmark last month.- where he has been living with his wife and four children for the last 13 years.
Rwanda filed an extradition request way back in February 2012. Mbarushimana later failed in his bid to challenge the extradition efforts in courts.